Sunday, January 13, 2013

Quilting Plans for 2013

As I was thinking about what I want to do with my quilting this year, I decided it was finally time to admit to all of my UFOs.  So, for the first time ever, I made a list of them.  Ouch!

Here's what it looks like:

SEVENTEEN UFOs!!  That is more than I thought I had.  A couple of these are just barely UFOs, as I started them within the last couple of months, but I decided that anything in-progress as of the end of the year would go on the list.  

Several of these are close to completion and for at least a couple of them the reason they are not done is because I have not found the 'perfect' backing fabric.  So, one of my first priorities is going to be to find backings and knock a few of these off the list right away.

Of course, I also have a Wish List of quilts that I would like to start.  Here is the wish list:

This is definitely not a complete list.  These are quilts I could think of off the top of my head and it does not even include all of the patterns I have bookmarked in quilting books all over my house!  But I figured I should stop before it got overwhelming, and I can always add to the wish list.  Maybe as a reward for finishing UFOs!

I definitely have plenty to keep me busy for the upcoming year.  I am posting these lists here as a way to keep me accountable for my goals.  Since I want my quilting to be fun, and not a chore, the goals I set are going to be pretty broad.  Here they are:
  1. Finish the year with fewer UFOs than I started it with (17).
  2. Don't add to the wish list until some UFOs are finished.
  3. Have a plan for backing and binding BEFORE STARTING a quilt!
Simple enough, right?  I am pretty sure I can meet these goals.  Watch for some finishes soon, I am going to order backing fabric right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment