Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year, New Plan

It has been a BUSY few months for me and unfortunately the blog had to take a back seat.  But, I am hoping the new year will be a bit less hectic and I have a plan to be more consistent in my posts.  I am going to use the blog as a diary of my quilting, which will hopefully give me an incentive to FINISH some quilty projects and at the same time ensure regular posts.  Sounds easy, right?  :-)

For now, I want to catch up on what I have been doing since my last post, which was right before Craftapalooza.  We got lots of quilting done during our girls week, and we ALWAYS take pics of our accomplishments!  So, here's what we did:

We always pick one pattern and we each make a quilt with it.  This year the pattern was Scrap Jar Stars.  Here is my finished flimsy.

I am always amazed at how different our quilts end up looking.  Here are all three of them.

Once the common pattern is done (it usually takes us 3 or 4 days) we still have plenty of time left for additional projects.  Milli decided to spend time finishing some quilts, quilting them on my long-arm.  Here is one of the three quilts she finished.

Mary worked on another quilt top.

Tara spent a day with us and finished a flimsy, too!

And I started another quilt, this time using the Starry Eyed pattern, which I found on the Moda Bake Shop site.  I didn't get the top quite done during Craftapalooza, but I loved how it was turning out!!

Overall, we had a fun and productive Craftapalooza.  The next one is scheduled for March in Colorado!




No comments:

Post a Comment