Sunday, January 13, 2013

Another Catch-up Post

Of course, I did give quilts as gifts at Christmas.  This year I decided to give quilts to my family that would match their living room.  I quickly realized that everyone in my family has brown couches!  I am the rebel of the family with red furniture.  :-)

I raided the stash for brown fabric and a coordinating color for each quilt and here are the results:

Mom and Dad have red accents in their living room, so they got a red and brown quilt.  This was the quilt I made during spring Craftapalooza in March 2012 and I was even able to post pics of this one on Facebook, becaus I knew my parents would think this one was for me (since the decor at my place is red with brown accents).  They were really surprised when they opened it at Christmas.

My brother, Brian, and sis-in-law Amy have very contemporary decor, so I thought batiks would work well for them.  They loved it!

Brother Mike and sis-in-law Beth got a brown and green quilt.  My aunt said this pattern reminded her of kleenex boxes, LOL! 

I love giving gifts of quilts.  Actually, I don't think I kept one of the quilts I made for myself until I had been quilting for over 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment