A year or so ago I bought some charm packs of a fabric line called Spirograph. I loved the bold colors, but they were definitely outside my typical color palette. I bought some yardage of one of the green prints in the line and got to work using a crazy eight pattern for the blocks and the green as background. That quilt top ended up bigger than my typical throw-sized quilt and I was a bit intimidated to try to quilt it. Fast forward to the new year and my inventory of UFOs. This one was one of the closest to completion, and I wanted to get some momentum with a quick finish. So, a couple weeks ago I loaded it on the long arm and did a simple all-over looping pattern. This is the best pic I could get as it is too big to lay out in my foyer (where I usually take quilt pics from the landing). The snow covered deck is not such a bad backdrop.....I love how this one turned out!
The weekend after the quilting was done on Crazy Eights, I pieced a back and put my version of Scrap Jar Stars on the long arm. For the quilt pattern, I wanted something to contrast the strong geometrics in the quilt, so I used wavy lines across the quilt spaced about 1" apart. It gave the quilt some GREAT texture. I am definitely going to do it again. It went super fast and turned out so good! I was so excited to get a pic when I finished the binding that I threw it out on the deck but it was late in the day and I couldn't avoid the shadows. But, this picture does show the quilting really well.
Overall, two finishes in January feels like a great accomplishment. I would like to finish at least one more UFO before I start looking for a new project.