Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Granny Squares

I have been fighting a sinus/ear infection for at least a week and it has officially won the battle.  Will be visiting urgent care today to get some antibiotics.  Even though I have not been feeling 100%, that has not stopped me from quilting!  I have seen the granny squares movement across blog-land and have had them on my wish list for a while.  Then I saw the Great Granny Along on the Bee in my Bonnet blog and knew those were the granny squares I wanted to make.  I dug out a layer cake of Twiggy fabric and ordered a cream Kona solid (I think it is champagne) and started working.

Here they are before squaring up (and I still need to add rectangles to each of the corners).  My plan is to make 20 of them.  Since the blocks will have biased edges I will not cut them into squares until I am ready to  sew the top together.  I think I am going to love this quilt!

I also made a cute little wall hanging for a friend who is moving into a new house this fall.
I made this using 3.5" squares and a pinwheel template.  It is small, about 12" x 18"  but it will be really cute once it is quilted and bound with a hanging sleeve.

Hopefully I will be feeling better by the weekend and can finish the blocks for the granny square quilt.  I also need to finish putting the top together for my niece, Sophia.  I have a couple rows left before that one is ready to put on the long arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment