Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Star Quilt Finished

Since it is WAY too hot to be outside, what better way to spend a holiday than doing a little quilting!  I started my star quilt in March at Craftapalooza.  (Craftapalooza is what my girlfriends and I call our semi-annual get togethers when we spend a week crafting.)  I found the pattern on the Oh, Fransson! blog, it is from the Sparkle Punch Quilt-Along.



I loved the way it turned out, and was anxious to get it quilted.  But I couldn't find the 'perfect' backing in my stash and ended up ordering some.  I loaded the quilt on my long-arm about a week ago and have been quilting it a little bit at a time whenever I've had a few minutes free.  This morning I finished the last two passes on it and put the binding on.  I LOVE IT!!!

For the quilting, I did my 'signature' loopdy loops.  I wasn't brave enough to try something new on this one because I liked it so much and did not want to mess it up.  The loopy design is one I do a lot and even though it isn't fancy I think it looks good.  I like the contrast of the pointy stars and the curvy quilting.


The star quilt is in the washing machine now and I can't wait to see it all wrinkly and soft.  It is going to go right onto the back of my sofa.  This might be my favorite quilt of any I have made so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment