Monday, September 3, 2012

Baby Quilt Done!

I successfully quilted the polka-dot baby quilt on the long arm.  Originally, I thought I would have to anchor the circles using my sewing machine first, but I 'floated' the top over the front bar instead of rolling it on and the glue was enough to keep the circles where then were supposed to be.  I did a loopy meander in the background and circles on the polka dots.  This is what it looked like before I washed it.


After sewing on the binding and a trip through the washer and dryer, the polka dots are definitely getting raggedy.  I think a few more washes will help make the circles lay flatter.


And here is the whole quilt.


It turned out better than I expected.  After I had the background pieced I thought the plaids and stripes would be too much but now that it's done I love it!

This is a sample to show my friend what I was thinking when she asked if I could do a polka dot quilt for her daughter.  If she likes it, I will make another one (she needs twin size and this one is only about 48"x48") in her choice of colors.  Then, I think this one will go to my niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment